Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Farmer's Market

Oh, how I love farmers markets!

No matter where I am, I always seek out farmer's markets. (Heck, I even got married in the agricultural hall/barn where one of my other favorite farmer's markets takes place -- on Martha's Vineyard.)

I love buying local, good stuff -- and it is always a fun, local scene.

Gotta say, my very favorite farmer's market (and I've been to farmer's markets in many states and countries!) is the one in Bath, Maine. It has it all -- a great location (on the Kennebec River), wonderful local farmers, and wonderful local stuff. Seems every year, the Bath Farmer's Market adds a little more. This year, in addition to lots of wonderful produce (including lots of organic produce), you can find flowers and plants, baked goods (including an entire booth of gluten-free breads and goodies), fish, cheese, pork, poultry and beef. This weekend's market was hoppin'--even had some live music and a hula hooper there!

No comments:

Post a Comment