Monday, August 16, 2010

eat Maine.

While standing in the checkout line at the supermarket (one of my least favorite things to do these days--and, something I try not to do too much with all the locally grown goodness around me), I spied a bright orange, slightly-larger-than-pocket-size magazine entitled eat maine. And, I'm so glad I did.

Compiled by the staff of Maine Magazine, the book is a great guide to on- and off-the-beaten-path places to eat in Maine. It includes "A Lists" for several things, including: lobster rolls, beer, burgers, ice cream, cupcakes and potatoes (Ha! to my husband who denies Maine's rich potato heritage -- he likes to think they all come from Idaho. But, it ain't so.)

Anyhow, if you are a Maine-r or coming to Maine, I highly recommend this guide. I've got some pages turned down of places I plan to hit. And, once you read it, you'll want to become a fan (Eat Maine) --and perhaps even follow these folks on twitter (@eataroundmaine).

No comments:

Post a Comment