Summer has officially arrived. It's summer solstice today, in case you didn't know!
My Summer Wishes:
- little girls (my girls) who are sweaty, dirty and tired from having so much fun
- listening to music -- in outdoor parks and in cabins on Sundays at "camp"
- camping (at least once) with my family (wish us luck...Baby R promises to challenge us in this arena)
- boat rides in our little Morning Star in Merrymeeting Bay and down the Kennebec and Back Rivers
- sand in my toes
- swimming in favorite secret (and not-so-secret) swimming holes
- listening to (and watching) fishing stories...and hopefully eating some fresh fish (trout or stripers!)
- eating lobster on a dock -- the only way I believe it should be eaten
- more meals outside than in
- summer carnivals/fairs -- the kind that serve strawberry shortcake and fresh squeezed lemonade)
- frequent (and impromptu -- the best kind!) gatherings of family and friends
- watermelon, watermelon, watermelon
- ice cream (preferably locally made) chins
- sand castles