Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Etsy Love: Sustainable and Personalized Blocks


As I've mentioned, I'm a total Etsy junkie. My friend Kate is, too. (Sorry, Kate, just had to have company on this.) Sometimes we compare guilt stories. And, we always rationalize our purchases by the fact that we are supporting artisans.

Anyhow, I was shopping for a personalized baby gift (I love personalized baby gifts) for my dear friend Chrissy who had just had a baby boy (with one of my very favorite boy names!) and found these wonderful wooden blocks made by Hudson Block Company.

The blocks are made of Missouri maple and are free of paint and stain. They are sanded super smooth -- just perfect for a baby! The personalized blocks arrive in a muslin drawstring bag with the name/personalization hand stamped on the outside.




I'm smitten with the blocks, can you tell?

Anyhow, the blocks are an obvious baby gift -- but, I think they have lots of gift potential.
A family name for a newly married couple. A message for a loved one. Holiday greetings for mantels and window sills. Oh, the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment