Mayfair Weekend marks the kick-off of summer. (The truth is, summer can still be a long way away, but, it marks the hope of summer, for certain.)
This weekend everyone in Bath will be out and about...look what's happening:
- City-Wide Yard Sale. All across town families, organizations and businesses will host yard sales. If you are a yard sale junkie--this is a heavenly day for you.
- Opening day of The Bath Farmer's Market. The Bath Farmer's Market, held on the waterfront, is a wonderful gathering of local farmers selling a full range of things -- vegetables, flowers, seedlings, eggs, milk, cheese, meat -- and baked goods. (Be sure to try the Maine-style molasses donuts. Yum!)
- Maypole Dancing. Yes, you read that right -- a traditional Maypole Dance held on Main Street, complete with fiddlers.
- Scavenger Hunt. Sponsored by Main Street Bath and local merchants, the winner will receive a $50 Gift of Bath (a gift certificate to spend at one of the downtown stores).
- Barbeque at the Skate Park. A fundraiser for the town's great skate park is just what you need after getting up at O-dark-thirty to hit the yard sales.
- Tent Sale. Merchants on Front and Centre streets will host a tent sale with bargains galore.
- Storytelling at the Gazebo, face painting and kids crafts. Fun activities (and bribes for coming along to all those yard sales with you) for kids.
- A Fundraising Walk. A 5k fundraising and awareness building walk for the local Chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
What's happening in your town this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope it is a fun weekend for you.