Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crafternoon with Mom: Hot Water Bottle Cozy

A few years ago, a friend of mine (who also lives in a cold 160+ year old Maine home) told me she fills a hot water bottle and places it in her bed about 15 minutes before bedtime. She claimed it was just what was needed to take the edge off those cold sheets without cranking up the heat. I thought it was odd, but decided to give it a whirl. I was hooked the first night. So, now I'm frequently placing hot water bottles in all of our beds. Not only does it take the edge off, but it also warms up the toes! I've been admiring some of the cute hot water bottle covers on the market (Yes, if you aren't already aware, there is a big market of cute hot water bottle covers out there.) and decided that crafting one was surely the way to go. I have plans for making one out of upcycled felt (I felt old sweaters and use as fabric.), but just haven't gotten to it, so I put my Mom to work knitting one. She used some old chenille that had been lying around (what a great way to use up yarn!) and this free pattern available from Lion Brand. Now, our beds are cozier than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment