Friday, March 12, 2010

Zzzzzzzzzz

Man, I'm tired. And, just in time. It is National Sleep Awareness week.

Seriously, did you know that?

Truth is, I'm tired a lot these days, I'm not just rising to the occasion. You see, I'm a mom of a little baby who doesn't believe in napping or sleeping through the night. I find this particularly annoying because I am one of those parents (watch out, I'm getting up on my soapbox)that really thinks that sleep is critical,and that so many parents have let their schedules drive those of their kids, constantly depriving children of their much needed sleep. My husband and I have worked hard to give our older daughter the tools she needs to sleep--and to give her ample time to do so. The result? (Thanks to daughter number two we are starting to doubt whether we can really claim credit.) Our daughter sleeps twelve hours a night pretty consistently.

But, number two...she's giving us a run for our money. We've tried all our tricks and somedays it seems we make some progress - and other days it seems we are spiraling out of control.

Anyhow, in the spirit of National Sleep Awareness Week (and my exhaustion), I'm ordering yet another sleep book.

Have a restful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment