Friday, March 26, 2010

A Sweet Weekend on Tap for Me

I've been a bit out of touch the last few days...busy with my family and anticipating my favorite holiday -- Maine Maple Sunday.

Okay, I know, it isn't really a holiday. But, it SHOULD be.

Maine Maple Sunday, the fourth Sunday of March each year, is the day when sugarhouses around the state open their doors to let everyone join in this annual rite of spring--maple syrup making. As you drive around the state, you'll see steam rising from the sugar houses and have the opportunity to partake in all sorts of maple infused festivities from pancake breakfasts to maple syrup sundaes. The farms will be busy with visitors all decked out in their mud boots and great big smiles. It is a very happy and very sweet day.

I'll report back on my Maine Maple Sunday (which has turned into Maine Maple Weekend in my book) adventures in a couple of days.

In the meantime, check out some of the happenings around the state...and sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment