Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Husband Warned Me

He told me that this would happen.

Well, not exactly THIS.

But, he has said (repeatedly) that I should be careful what expectations I set..

He was right.

Do you remember this?



Or, this?


Yes, those baskets of holiday inspired crafting goodness made for my daughter?

She looked at me today and said, "Remember those baskets of holiday card making stuff you used to make me? What ever happened to those?"

My heart sank. I created a tradition my daughter loved and I failed to continue to execute it. Then, as is natural when one is confronting failure and/or disappointment, I got defensive. And, then I reverted back to sadness. Priority for tomorrow (amidst making up for yet another lost work day thanks to Mother Nature)? Putting together one of these baskets....it's February and there are a lot of Valentines to be made, afterall.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Southern California :-)

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete