Thursday, March 24, 2011

How to Create Creative Learning Spaces In Your Home

{images via here}



I try really hard to create little creative spaces for my kids. Baskets of holiday or season specific books stashed in a reading corner with a pillow. Baskets of holiday or season specific art supplies for make cards and pictures. Readily accessible, high-quality art supplies. Blank books. Blank paper. Imaginary play things.


But, I envision even more.

Maybe it is the piece of me that always wanted to be a preschool teacher. Maybe it is the piece of me that still dreams of opening an art space for kids (and grownups!). Maybe it is the part of me that misses spontaneous creativity.

I struggle at times to find the best way to create creative play space within our home -- we don't have a lot of extra space -- and, I'll admit that I get frustrated by lots of extra stuff (clutter) everywhere. We don't have a playroom. I always say this is intentional - we want our kids to play in family space. Truth is, I also don't have the space for a separate playroom.

Anyhow, I couldn't be more excited about this resource and blog my Aunt Cathy (thanks, Aunt C!) pointed me to this a.m. - and, even better, the site is offering a giveaway -- a 6-week ecourse on creating creative spaces (say that three times fast!). Needless to say, I've entered -- you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment