Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January: A Planner

Okay, I'm not off to a good start. It's January 5th and I actually have no planner yet (it's my idea of forcing myself to abandon my paper planner and use Google tools on my Smartphone)...but, here's a list of the things I'm hoping to do this month:
  • Ice skate. A lot. Maine is notorious for ice rinks. Sure, there are some of those fancy kind with zambonis and all. But, more often than not you'll find towns flooding their recreation field or town green to make way for ice skating. And, many a Maine-r floods their own backyard. The rationale? It's cold here - make the best of it! If you live in Maine and are looking for a place to skate, check out this listing of known Maine ice rinks (indoor and out).
  • Sled. A lot. Again, it's cold and snowy in Maine. We could sit inside and feel sorry for ourselves, or get out and enjoy it. 
  • Ski. Again....I grew up skiing in Maine. Largely at Mt. Abram and Sugarloaf (and, please don't even think of letting that news about the lift collapse intimidate you - it is a fabulous ski resort). My new favorite ski destinations? Saddleback Mountain and Camden Snowbowl. Saddleback, thanks to its recent change of ownership, has become a super family-friendly mountain with a fantastic ski lodge. The Camden Snowbowl? Well, maybe not the best skiing in the world. But, it's the United States' most eastern ski resort - and you can see the ocean while you ski. It's where the mountains meet the sea--and, I'm not sure if you've picked up on this or not, but that's a theme in my life (my husband is from the mountains; and I'm from the sea).
  • Cook. Again, the cold theme kicking in here. :) I love to cook soup and my inlaws got me a cookbook I've been dreaming of. Sunday Soup: A Year's Worth of Mouth-Watering, Easy-to-Make Recipes Organized by season, the book is full of yummy sounding soups. And, the ingredient list won't send you scurrying around from store to store.
  • Knitting or Felting or Something. Man, it feels like months since these hands have done anything but write, change diapers and fold laundry. It's time to dig into a project.
  • Finish my daughters' Shutterfly calendar (again, not a good sign...). Each year I make a wall calendar that features photos of that month from the year before. It's my version of a scrapbook. And, please don't tell my kids about scrapbooks, 'else they'll be sorely disappointed because I'm not doing any.
What's on your January Planner? And, speaking of planners...what do you use as a planner?

    1 comment:

    1. Sounds like you are planning a very busy month. I am still some what old fashion, at home I use a paper calendar and jot down goals...some achieved,sadly many are not. But I must say I have started using my work calendar that comes to my phone more than I thought I would.But I have found having it on the fridge staring back at me makes me accomplish more than my phone calendar....out of sight out of mind I guess.

      ReplyDelete