Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How Texting Changed My Life


{via here}



I have these vivid memories of rolling over in my bed in the wee hours of snowy mornings, turning on my clock radio, tuning into the local AM station and listening (and hoping) to hear my school's name cancelled.

I cannot tell you how many times I fell asleep mid-list and then had to listen again and again.

And, then, of course, I had to listen again to reassure me that I did (or didn't) hear my school's name.

It was hardly restful. Even a bit anxiety-filled.


Well, recently (I know, I'm probably a bit slow on this), I discovered I could have my kids' school district and daycare cancellations texted to me -- and it has changed me life. Okay, maybe it hasn't changed my life, but it has certainly improved my life.

Now, when I hear that little "beep" from my Smartphone in the wee hours of the morning, I smile and rollover knowing we have a little more time to sleep...oh, and to think just how this cancellation might wreak havoc on our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment