Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wine Wednesday: Wine for a Cause

LoveVermont has a regular Wednesday feature -- Wine Wednesdays. It's one of my favorite reads...and, this week I'm borrowing the theme just so I have an excuse to tell you about a great wine-related gift idea that my very hip friend Tony told me about. 

Wine for a cause.

OneHope donates a portion of each bottle (totaling fifty percent of its profits!) to charity. Each variety supports a different cause - autism, breast cancer, our troops, AIDS, children's hospitals and more.

Now, that's a gift you can feel good about! :)

OneHope was started by eight friends who worked out of their living rooms, selling wine out of their trunks, trying to help support a friend in her fight against cancer. Now an enterprise, the company has sold over 20,000 cases of wine - and donated $350,000 to charity, since its inception in June 2007. Pretty cool, huh?

There's a few wine lovers in my life I need to get shopping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment