Monday, December 20, 2010

Update from the Field: Lessons Learned

Okay, I don't have a doorway puppet theatre to show you YET.

But, I do have some lessons learned to share:

  • One hour is not enough time to sew a puppet theatre.
  • I really don't know how to sew.
  • Satin sucks. I mean, sure, it'll look glam as a theatre curtain - but how do you sew that stuff.
  • Felt isn't perfect. (I know, that's a HUGE statement coming from me.)
  • My Nana's sewing machine rocks.
  • I have no idea how to thread my Nana's sewing machine. Or, for that matter, the bobbin. So, I used the thread already there....white. 
  • White thread (especially when not sewn perfectly) looks lousy on purple.
  • One really should have a plan or a pattern before they start cutting fabric. Or, ribbon. 
  • One really shouldn't stake their Christmas plans on a sewing project if they don't know how to sew.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment