Thursday, April 28, 2011

What Makes Me Excited

I know, intriguing headline. Almost throws into question the family-friendliness of this blog, doesn't? Are you prepared for what you are about to read?

Last night, I did it. I tapped into an excitement I hadn't even know existed...

I purchased my first appliance.

Seriously.

I'm 42 and I've never actually purchased an appliance before. We've either rented or purchased houses that already had appliances.

Okay, wait. I'm wrong. We did buy an extra freezer. Hmm. Somehow that didn't do it for me.

But, a new washing machine - yea, baby!

It isn't the top of the line. But, it is an Energy Star-rated machine - and having helped launch the Energy Star brand for EPA many years ago, it made it extra special to walk in and ask for an Energy Star appliance and actually have store clerks who knew what I was talking about. It was a moment like no other -- my career and domesticness colliding.

It's really not that fancy. Middle of the line, really. White. It's a top loader (I couldn't do the front loader -- though tempting for other reasons, front loaders are not as predictable in felting). And, it comes tomorrow and I can hardly wait.

When I called my husband on my way home from the store, I was giddy with excitement. He laughed. And, as only a husband can say (and get away with because I'm confident in my career and my role as domestic goddess), "Congratulations, you are officially a house wife." Lol. Sorta.

Truth is, I spend an enormous amount of my time doing laundry - so it really seems appropriate to have a good machine. Now, if you really want to knock my socks off, help me get a dreamy laundry room (oh, the visions I have!) instead of the 175 year old granite, creepy basement where it now resides. But, for now, I'll take my sparkling, new, highly-efficient machine and be a very happy domestic goddess.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I have dreams of a new washer...and yet struggle with the felting issue...for now it's a dream the one we have keeps going...Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete