Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Appreciating the Small Things Amidst Meltdowns


I must confess that September isn't going exactly as planned.

The beginning-of-the-school-year-starting-back-to-work-and-weaning-baby-emotional fatigue is whipping me.

And, of course, that unexpected trip to the ER with my eldest (she's okay, despite taking a full-force face plant) the afternoon before I was supposed to leave on a business trip didn't help.

But, one of the big lessons I've learned (and need to keep reminding myself) about mothering is that one must not bite off more than they can chew -- and, one must learn to appreciate the small things.

Like hydrangea.

Yup, I set out (see my September Planner) to snip some of my neighbors hydrangea to enjoy now and into the future (they dry so wonderfully). And, I did it. :)


What small thing do you feel good about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment