Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March Planner

I know that February is typically a dreaded month for most. Not for us - we have so many celebrations in February it gets us through whatever funk others experience.

March, on the other hand, is a really hard month for me. It's long. It jerks me around with glimpses of spring (though it is possible I might not have this to complain about this year) and often has left us with not enough snow and winter-ness to get out and do the winter things we love. And, while it is a month that is filled with lovely family birthdays -- in my life, it is also a month of anniversaries of huge loss.

But, really, if I can let go...let myself think about the good that March has to offer, I realize there is really quite a lot to look forward to. Just look at some of what I have planned:

  • A night away (our first in years!) with my husband at Stage Neck Inn courtesy of 101MaineThingstoDo. Not only a chance to have some quality time with my guy, but also a chance to see a part of Maine, I've never explored.
  • My blogiversary - March 9th. Have I spelled that right? Yup, it's true, I've been blogging for a year this month. I have loved every minute of it - and so love those of you who have encouraged me along the way.
  • A trip to see the much anticipated exhibit The Jar Project.
  • St. Patrick's Day in Bath. I don't have a lick of Irish in me - but, I'll pretend - because in Bath, Maine, it's all about St. Patrick's Day. We have a parade (of course!)...Irish soda bread-making contests...beer and reubens...etc. Really, this is such a great town to live in! Just when you think there's nothing to do - ta-da!
  • Maine Maple Sunday. My very favorite holiday. :)
  • Indoor grass planting.
  • Trips to see baby lambs at local farms.
  • Maybe even some spring "forcing".
  • And, of course, we'll be trying to squeeze in some more sledding, more skating and more skiing.
See, really, there is a lot to look forward to! What do you have planned for March?

No comments:

Post a Comment